Stephen Colbert wants to talk to you about your boyfriend.
When Colbert sat down for Rookie’s “Ask A Grown Man” segment, he did so as himself, instead of the brash character he plays on his show.
I thought they put big stencils down and spray painted over them! This blows my mind!
I’m so impressed… holy shit…
The S is so satisfying to watch.. These guys have skills
Major applause to Guillermo del Toro and whoever did the props for PR’s Hong Kong. Some one legit went into a Chinese/traditional medicine store and got the actual boxes of this obscure ass cough medicine that as a Chinese even my grandparents have been taking and probably even before that; and yeah its mass produced but like i’ve seen this photo’s when travelling overseas to declare to the customs, so I have no clue how widespread this is in America.
So bless the person who made the decision to get actual Chinese medicine as little ass props in Hannibal Chau’s store front.
If you have suffered a tragedy and someone says, “you’re in my prayers” with sincerity, and you respond with some egotistical shit about being atheist you are an emotionally inept moron.
For real though like think about it. If someone is religious, there’s…
I will take sympathy however it is expressed. My ego is not so large that even when I am bleeding, whether physically, mentally, or spiritually, that I can not translate “You’re in my prayers” to “I wish the best for you, heal soon, I am thinking of you and offering support.”
reminder that these trees are full grown. amazing.
a tree is a tree no matter how small
Why do cows have hooves instead of feet?
Because they lactose
Did you know that Egypt, has the fewest pyramids in Africa?
Did you know that Sudan, Ethiopia and Zimbabwe have more pyramids (225 pyramids in Sudan alone) then all of Egypt.
There are remains of pyramids in South Africa, all the way along the Eastern and Northern parts of Africa and archeologists now believe that they may have found the remains of pyramids in West Africa. Why are we only taught that what is now known as Egypt (that tiny strip of land) is the only place where pyramids are in Africa, when in fact the ENTIRE continent of Africa (nearly 400 pyramids not just the six in Egypt) And Archeologist now believe that the pyramids in southern Africa may be the OLDEST pyramids in the world, followed by The Sudanese and Ethiopian pyramids, the West African pyramid ruins, and the North African Pyramids of so-called Egypt. (And im not even going to get into the fact that there are younger pyramids stretching FROM Africa in China, Italy, Europe and South America) WOW Im Amazed
neffera tiy maat bringing one truth at a time Yaaaaaa
I did not know that.
Google this a bit. It’s fascinating!
Lots of different styles and periods.
|Jedi:||May the force be with you|
|Catholic Jedi:||And also with you|
This is simultaneously cool and creepy.
THEY ALL LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME AND IT’S FREAKING ME OUT
- One of the first women to start her own independent production company.
- Earned her way to stardom without sleeping with executives for roles.
- Refused to date people for publicity just because 20th Century Fox wanted her to.
- Left 20th Century Fox because she refused to let them get away with treating her badly and paying her a tiny wage, just because of her “dumb blonde” image.
- Was only paid a fraction of her co-star’s wage even though she was the star of the movies and the biggest box office pull, but still went ahead with the movies because she was so passionate about acting.
- Studied method acting at the Actors Studio with Lee Strasberg, who said that she was one of his best students along with Marlon Brando.
- Had a personal library of over 500 books and rarely read fiction - she was desperate to learn and educate herself.
- Was sexually abused as a child but then went on to encourage the sexual liberation of women in the 1950s.
- One of the first people to speak openly about sexual abuse.
- One of the first people to openly support gay rights.
- Supported many charities such as the Milk Fund, March of Dimes, Arthritis and Rheumatism foundation.
- Donated her time and money to these charities.
- Visited orphanages and hospitals on her own time to surprise the people there.
- Married one of the greatest literary minds of the 20th century
- Suffered two miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy and still put on a brave face for her fans.
Sorry, did you say she wasn’t a role model?
marilyn is my biggest role model so don’t even go there
and let’s not forget this
Ella Fitzgerald was not allowed to play at the popular Mocambo, in Hollywood, because of her race. Marilyn, who loved her music and supported civil rights, called the owner of the Mocambo and told him that if he booked Ella immediately, she would take a front table every night. The owner said yes, and Marilyn was there, front table, every night. After that, Ella never had to play in a small jazz club again.
"She was an unusual woman – a little ahead of her times. And she didn’t know it." - Ella Fitzgerald about Marilyn Monroe
OH SHIT YOU JUST GOT SERVED
I got goosebumps reading this. Amazing.
Lena Dunham, the creator and star of the HBO series Girls, has a new collection of personal essays called Not That Kind of Girl. She joined Fresh Air to talk about oversharing, feminism, OCD, and why she thinks most depictions of sex in movies are destructive.
- Jedi:May the force be with youCatholic Jedi:And also with you
- “I am 20 years old and I hate myself. My hair, my face, the curve of my stomach, the way my voice comes out wavering and my poems come out maudlin,...”
I want tonight to be another cute selfie night because I don’t have to get up early tomorrow. Also because I kind of want to wear pigtails.